Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Kirsten got it on the first try."

So today started off pretty poor. I woke up feeling terrible and decided to take my temperature with the thermometer that Papa gave me. It read 38.7 degrees Celcius, which I then converted on my computer to 102 degrees. That sucked. So I took 3 Ibuprofen and put a huge ice bag on my head and prayed that I would feel better. I called Papa who gave me some tylenol and some azithromycin, which is a broad spectrum antibiotic. Its funny though because the package is half arabic and half english. I took my medicine and went to bed as fast as I could. We were supposed to get picked up at 12 for lunch, but 12 past, then 1 past, then 2 past. . . we were wondering what was going on. lol. But Egyptian time says to never be on time. Then finally at 4 I woke up from my deep sleep and we all decided to go onto the roof (this was 6:00 pm). On the roof I looked down to find our ride. So we all packed up and headed to the church.

At the church, there was a praise and worship band consisting of 1 singer, 1 piano player, and 1 bongo player. The music was actually really good and exactly what you would think egyptian music would sound like. After music, CJ told her testimony. This group of teenagers are teens that struggle with a lot of drugs, alcohol, and sexual struggles. After CJ's testimony, we split it up into boys and girls. The 5 girls on the team all shared something that was on our hearts. At the end of the teaching, a girl looked up to me and Marlie and said "How know God voice?" We didn't quite understand her, but then she said, "How hear God voice?" We finally knew that she was asking us how do we know when God is talking to us. We turned to a wonderful woman who can speak both arabic and english and asked her to translate. She told us to "Sit down, this is a good question." We answered her by saying that when you have the holy spirit inside of you, God moves you toward and away certain things, but you have to be aware of God and praying to him constantly to finally get the encouragement to go a certain direction. She then told us how she has different talents and wants to use them for God. She asked us how does she know which one is the right one. We told her that she should first pray about it and then when an opportunity arises she should go for it and the times you know that you are doing the right thing are the times that you see the fruits of the spirit shine and that God is in what you are doing. She was talking to the translator and started crying so hard. I asked what was wrong and the translator said, "She loves God so much, she has such strong feelings towards him and all she wants to do is serve him. But in this culture, a woman, especially a very young woman is not encouraged to do much. She wants to serve, but can't because no one is helping her." We all started to pray for her that she would get an opportunity to serve in her church or that she would find a new church. I talked to her saying that she is enough for God. Her desire broke my heart. I take it for granted that I can serve in my church in the US. I can't imagine having this deep desire to serve my God and not being allowed to or not having the means to do so. I told her that I would be praying for her, and that Gods timing is the right timing and when she sees an opportunity to take it. I also told her that she should even put herself out there and maybe invite her friends over and do worship with them or something. All in all, it was a great night. : ) Alhamdulillah = Praise God. lol. 


We headed back to Papas house where I talked with my moomy : ) We also had an amazing dinner of sandwiches, cream of mushroom soup, and baklava. It was good, especially because we hadn't had any lunch. haha. Egyptian time is very strange because everyone eats dinner at 12:00 am which means you don't even go to bed till around 2:30, which is what time it is right now. 


Okay, tomorrow were leaving after lunch and traveling to some very old caves. Were going to go exploring in the caves all day long and spend some time taking pictures. : ) We will then travel to "The farm" I am not sure what that means exactly. haha. But I know that it is a farm 2 hours outside of Cairo that the people we are working with now have worked with a lot. Then we are going to watch the sunset as we have a campfire,  sing praise and worship songs, and have a great time. At 8:00 pm is when we will start working. We are going to have sand sifters to sift out the rocks that the farmers will be using. This will help them save a lot of money. We will also be working there on friday. I am not sure what we will be doing then, but I am sure that it will be interesting and wonderful : ) 


Prayers: Please pray for this stupid sickness to go away : ( It sucks to feel like crap when your trying your hardest to work for God. Thank you guys so much for praying for our service today!! It went so good! 


Good night~!

No comments:

Post a Comment